Our goal is to prevent infant, sleep related deaths due to suffocation and asphyxiation by educating parents and caregiver about safe sleep guidelines and by providing a portable crib/pack and play.
Pack and plays are used because they are portable, easy to assemble, it can be used for sleeping or as a playpen for the first year of life. Furthermore, is the most cost effective unit for safety, value, and longevity.
If you are in need of a safe place for your baby to sleep:
- Call The Healthy Start Coalition of Pinellas at 727-512-3740, this phone is monitored M-F 8:30-5pm
- You must participate in the safe sleep education and assembly demonstration.
- When this session concludes you must be able to demonstrate the ability to assemble the pack and play and also recall safe sleep guidelines.
- You must be a Pinellas County resident.
- You must be a minimum of 32 weeks pregnant
- Eligible if not already participating in a program that can provide a safe place for the baby to sleep
- Quantities are limited.
- Other eligibility may apply.